Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Democrat

First off, I would like to make clear, that I don’t care what political party you follow or what vision you preach; but I do care that you allow others to have opposing opinions without insulting  their intelligence.

So with that said, I met the Democrat online, and we made plans to get a drink at a trendy bar in Scottsdale (this may sound repetitive, but there really are a lot of trendy bars/restaurants in Scottsdale).

He was a bit pale for my type, but still very cute. We chatted about jobs, family, hobbies, etc. And then he mentioned politics… I am a big fan of political debate, and really debate on just about anything. But, big, big BUT, I think this conversation is better left out on the first date.  So, I told him we should leave this discussion for another time.

He said “are you unable to have an adult conversation?”

I could have been an “adult”, and just said farewell at this moment. But instead, I stayed. I stayed and wasted time and breath on a total jerk face!

He told me his views on a few issues, I told him my views on a few issues, including our president, and…

He said “do you lack the intelligence to do anything but quote Fox News?”

I said “that’s funny coming from the guy, quoting CNN and puffing out his chest….you think you are so much better than me, but really, you are a narcissistic, A**hole!” And then I reached into my purse for some money to pay for my drink.

He told me he would pay the bill. I told him “that I wouldn’t allow him to leave this place feeling like a gentleman, when really he was an egotistical jerk”! He was condescending and rude…and he thinks he can pay for my drink and feel like a man….I don’t think so! I wanted to take that Obama shirt he loves so much and shove it somewhere….but I didn't, because….I am a lady! ;)

I threw down my money, and walked out!

Ugh, Dating!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes. I remember this one. Amazing that you and I can have great political discussions/debates and it never ends with someone being called an idiot. Even though we disagree on just about everything politics. Clearly it is possible, we've been doing it for 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds typical. Elitist who personally insults anyone with a different opinion. Instead of sticking with issues. Good for you! BTW, I miss you! Hope you had fun in LA!

    ReplyDelete