Monday, September 26, 2011

The Booty Caller

I still don’t understand what was going on with this guy. We went on a couple dates, we had a great time. I noticed he took down his dating profile. He texted me every morning… but stopped making effort to see me. I figured he met someone he liked better, and was just texting to keep me around, just in case. I don’t play second fiddle to anyone…heck, I don’t even play fiddle! (I don’t actually know what that means…but it just sounded right...please excuse the cheese that is me ;) So, anyways, I stopped responding.

I would hear from him occasionally on Facebook…he would IM me, asking how I was doing. I would respond with short sweet answers. That’s cool… we can be friends. During one of the exchanges, I asked him if he was dating much. He said he was but he hadn’t met anyone as “sexy and cool” as me. I told him that I liked his attitude. He then proceeded to explain that we dwindled because he could tell I was not physically attracted to him. This was far from the truth. If anything, I was intimidated by his looks.
The truth is, I’m no skinny girl, so when a guy is ripped…it scares me to death. I wonder if I will pass out, or die, from sucking in my belly for too long. Which is why I have to keep those dates super short…you can only suck it in for soooo long! But that is besides the point. The point is that he felt I wasn’t interested in him sexually because I made a point of telling him that he would need to be patient. Looking back, what he meant was that I wasn’t worth the wait.

I am 32 years old, I have been on a ridiculous amount of dates…if I slept with every guy I went on a couple dates with…that would be at least… 6 guys!

Ok, ok it would be quite a bit more than that. And regardless of how many dates I have been on or how many days it takes me to feel ready…I have realized that I want a man that is willing to work for it. I want to be courted. Guys have it too easy today. They don’t have to be gentlemen anymore because they can get what they are looking for with no effort at all. Now, don’t get me wrong…it is not always easy not being ‘easy’. It has not been easy turning down The hot, ripped Booty Caller…but I don’t want to feel bad about myself later when I realize that’s all he was interested in…. I have had to learn this the hard (no pun intended) way.

So anyways, after messaging and texting, we decided to go out again. He picked me up from the airport and we went to my house to watch a movie…he was very handsy, which I would have been ok with, if I had any faith in what he was after. So I had to smack his hand a few times…but all in all we had a good time together…again.

I have liked hanging out with The Booty Caller, and I am definitely attracted to him…but I have never been able to let down my guard with him. I haven’t trusted him from the moment I met him. I don’t know why… I guess I always knew that he would turn in to THE BOOTY CALLER...ooohhhhh

So again, I got texts every morning….never with an attempt to see me. I didn’t hear from him for a few days. And then I got another text apologizing for his absence and that he has had some personal things come up, but that it wasn’t me…and that he adores me. Duh! I am totally adorable…when I am not crazy or over analyzing….or dating! But seriously...what does that even mean? You adore me....but you don't explain anything!
After a few days, and more texts, I told him that I need way more communication than a text everyday.... and I started to lose interest.....again.

The last interaction was a text at one in the morning asking me what I was doing. I wrote back and said “no thanks!” I have no interest in only being in your thoughts at 1am after a night of drinking…when you are looking to hook up! Haven't you been listening?

We are still friends on Facebook...and he knows about this blog…not because we talked about it, but because he ‘liked’ a comment about it (awkward). So Booty Caller, if you are reading this….Sorry, it was bound to happen!

Ugh, Dating!

No comments:

Post a Comment